Categories
Uncategorized

Week#9 The Judicial Branch

Adam Altam 

Did you know that the judicial branch is considered the weakest Branch but In reality, it’s the most powerful one? Hello to all my classmates I will be presenting why I believe the Judicial Branch is the most potent. But first, we need to understand what is the Judicial branch and its purposes. According to a website called uscourts.gov, the Judicial Branch is part of the United States government that is responsible for deciding or looking over the meaning of law whether to pass a law or decide if a law breaks rules under the constitution. In addition, it leads me to believe that the Judicial Branch is the most powerful because it’s part of the supreme court which is considered the most powerful court in the United States. Therefore I will be presenting examples from a website called “IPL” by professor Yvonne Wollenberg states “The judicial branch is made up of the Supreme Court, the court with the most power in the country, and other federal courts that are lower in the system; the purpose of this branch is to look over laws and make sure they are constitutional and reasonable.” This sentence “The judicial branch is made up of the Supreme Court, the court with the most power in the country”, indicates and shows how much power

the Judicial Branch has especially being made of the Supreme court. Other examples are found on a website called “Us history.org” it states “The federal courts’ most important power is that of judicial review, the authority to interpret the Constitution, When federal judges rule that laws or government actions violate the spirit of the Constitution, they profoundly shape public policy.” This sentence “When federal judges rule that laws or government actions violate the spirit of the Constitution” is significant because it shows how the Judicial Branch has the power to rule laws or Government actions that violate the constitution. Overall this leads me to that the Judicial Branch is the most powerful In the United States.

In conclusion, the Judicial Branch was seen as the weakest link out of the Branches but in reality, it’s the strongest. In addition, The Judicial Branch has the power aligned with the Supreme court not only their power but also within judges, justices, and finally federal courts which is why I believe Judicial Branch is the most powerful Branch.

Sources-

https://www.ushistory.org/gov/9e.asp

https://bensguide.gpo.gov/a-judicial

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/court-role-and-structure#:~:text=The%20judicial%20branch%20decides%20the,should%20be%20done%20about%20it.

2 replies on “Week#9 The Judicial Branch”

I also love how you changed your position of which branch is most powerful. I’ll throw into the mix, that the courts in general (and SCOTUS specifically) are very powerful, but they are also filled by judges who are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate; similarly, the court can’t enforce its own decisions- it requires the executive branch for that!