Categories
Uncategorized

Week# 11 – The Electoral College

What is even an electoral college, and why is it so important? Hi to all my classmates. In week eleven, I will discuss what an electoral college is and its importance in the United States. But first, we need to understand what an electoral college is and its purpose in our democracy. According to a website called archives.gov, an electoral college is a process in the united states to help elect President or Vice President. Therefore the primary purpose an electoral college serves is to help spread power to elect the president across fifty states. In addition, the electoral college offers many benefits and will provide evidence from sources on why the electoral college is so important. Therefore I will present an example from a website called Georgia.gov, stating, “It was designed to ensure that the more populous states didn’t overpower the smaller states when choosing the nation’s leader.” This sentence, “It was designed to ensure that the more populous states didn’t overpower the smaller states,” is crucial because it explains how beneficial the electoral college is, such as maintaining power throughout all states, specifically for smaller states.

Another helpful example that an electoral college offers is from a website called history.house.gov  states, “When voters go to the polls in a Presidential election, they vote for the slate of electors who have vowed to cast their ballots for that ticket in the Electoral College.” This part of the sentence, “When voters go to the polls in a Presidential election, they vote for the state of electors who have vowed to cast their ballots for that ticket,” is significant because it shows how the Electoral College helps voters cast their polls for the presidential election. To summarize, I have presented examples of the electoral college benefitting the United States Of America, which led me to believe why the electoral college is so significant to our democracy.

In conclusion, A electoral college is a process that helps us as citizens and our government Elect a president and vice president. In addition, the Electoral college offers many benefits, such as maintaining power between all states and helping states cast their polls for the election, which is why it is essential to our government.

Honorable mentions

archives.gov,

Georgia.gov

history.house.gov

1 reply on “Week# 11 – The Electoral College”

Adam, your writing style continues to be awesome- referring to your sources as “honorable mentions” cracks me up! As for the electoral college, you correctly identify that it privileges states with small populations over those with larger populations. But do you really think this is a good thing having “many benefits” as you write? What are the downsides? Do they outweigh the benefits?