Categories
Uncategorized

Week#10 Our Voice

Why is political participation crucial for the United States Of America’s democracy? Hi to all my classmates I will be talking about why I believe political participation is vital for our democracy in the United States. But first, we need to understand what political participation is and why it’s so significant. According to a website called “Political participation” political participation is a way people can express their opinions or take part in shaping decisions that affect the government and their lives. Therefore the reason why I believe political participation is so significant is that it’s one of the ways we as citizens can make a change in the government or community, not only that it’s our voice as citizens to address political issues. In Addition, I will be presenting examples of why political participation is important from a website called “Rightforeducation.org” which states “Political participation is one of the best ways for ordinary people to make a substantial change to their community, If people are engaged with the politics of their country, they will better understand where the government is going wrong.” This sentence “Political participation is one of the best ways for ordinary people to make a substantial change to their community”, is very significant because it conveys how political participation plays a big role in changing our community. Another example found on a website called  “Rightforeducation.org” states “If everyone in a country participates in politics, it will become much harder for a government to ignore the problems of the people, Therefore, an increase in political participation should mean more will be done to address political and social problems.” This sentence “Therefore, an increase in political participation should mean more will be done to address political and social problems”, is very significant because it explains how if more people politically participated it would address and solve social issues. To summarize the examples I have presented explain the benefits of political participation such as it being of the ways we as citizens can make a change in the government or community, not only that it’s our voice as citizens to address political issues. 

In conclusion, Political participation is a way people can express their opinions or take part in shaping decisions that affect the government and their lives. In addition, I used sources that portrayed the benefits of political participation 

Therefore it led me to believe political participation is our voice as citizens to address the main issues which are very important to our democracy in the united states of America.

Honorable Source mentions-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK310967/#:~:text=Political%20participation%20includes%20a%20broad,decisions%20that%20affect%20their%20lives.